Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 21, 2012

This Week's Veggies!

My favourite day of the week has come and gone again. Curious about this week's veggies? :)

  • Swiss Chard
  • 2 broccoli
  • 1 head of lettuce
  • green beans
  • yellow beans
  • radish sprouts
  • carrots
  • Romano beans (I believe!)
  • 4 yellow potatoes
  • 6 small red potatoes
  • white mushrooms
  • mixed salad greens
  • 2 zucchinis 
  • a big container of heirloom tomatoes (I got a black one (Black Krim or Black Prince) and a yellow one to try in there!)
  • 3 yellow onions
 There seems to be somewhat fewer vegetables this week, but it's still enough to last the week, and considering the really bad drought we seem to be in, I'm just happy we're getting vegetables at all! Plus I still have some leftover from last week (there were a lot of vegetables last week!), such as basil, turnip, celery, some lettuce, a couple of carrots, and I still have peas from a couple of weeks ago that are still good. I also used up last week's potatoes in a potato salad for dinner.

On the farm's blog, it indicated that the conditions are the worst they've been in 50 years, with a small pond they have on the farm completely dried up. Does anyone know a rain dance? If so, now would be a good time to do it! (And send the rain to Shawville, QC while you're at it!)

Anyone have any exciting recipes using these vegetables? Feel free to share! I love to try new recipes with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment