Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

5K Training - Week 4, Run 2

Sunday marked my second run of week 4, and consisted again of 5w, 3r, 1.5w, 5r, 2.5w, 3r, 1.5w, 5r, 5w. (Yeah, a bit of short hand. W = walk, R = run. I know you know, though :) ). This weekend, our air conditioner broke down (we seem to have some luck with things breaking down when it's really hot! Remember Mr. Mazda?), and our house was HOT. It completely hindered my motivation to get out and be active when I felt like a melted lump on a log at home! However, I did push myself to get out and run, and I'm glad I did.

The run was harder than the last one, but I think it was because of the heat and humidity. I'm proud that I pushed through and ran anyway, even if it wasn't necessarily my fastest run. The fact that I did it is key!

Today was supposed to be my last run, but I decided I'm going to do it tomorrow. With the weather being nicer tomorrow, I want to try and give myself a good chance of running quicker than I did last time. So, stay tuned for another update!

1 comment:

  1. I really admire you! Running despite the heat is a huge accomplishment!! :)

    ReplyDelete