Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 29, 2012

New, Exciting Veggies!

We got some new, interesting, exciting vegetables in this week's basket, along with some old favourites. I've already made my meal plan for the week, so I'm hoping some of the new recipes I'm trying (or upping old recipes by replacing canned or non-local veggies with these) will be winners!

Here's what we got this week:
  • A bag of mixed salad greens (a pleasant surprise, considering they told us they would stop sending these for the time being due to the drought and unfavourable conditions)
  • 1 head of lettuce
  • Swiss chard
  • Romano beans (I still have a bag leftover from last week, and I plan on trying a new recipe with these this week)
  • Yellow beans
  • Celery
  • Broccoli
  • 1 bag of mini red potatoes
  • 5-6 small summer onions
  • 1 large container of heirloom tomatoes - lots of colours and sizes!
  • Radish sprouts
  • 1 bag of white mushrooms
  • Heirloom carrots
  • 2 magdas (they look like striped zucchini)
  • 1 yellow summer squash
With the romano beans, I plan on making a side dish that is tomatoey, garlicky, and oniony :) I'm going to make it with the M&M chicken we've had hiding in our freezer, along with some of the red potatoes.

I plan on vamping up my Mom's pasta with cheese recipe using fresh tomatoes instead of canned. We'll see how it turns out :)

And of course, lots of salads and stir fry veggies will complete meals this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment