Total Pageviews

Friday, July 13, 2012

Awesome Vegetable Delivery!

I think Fridays are my most anticipated day of the week. It's like Christmas once a week, getting new surprise vegetables magically appear in the cooler I leave outside for the Vegetable Fairies. Or is it Veggie Claus? Whatever. :) The result is fresh, local veggies that I get to sort through, take pictures of, and blog about. I know you love to read about my veggies, too! ;)

So here's what I got this week:
Yum, yum!
  • Celery
  • A bag of white mushrooms
  • A bag of 6 potatoes
  • a bunch of carrots
  • 2 heads of lettuce
  • 2 small onions
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 bag of pea sprouts
  • 1 bag of radish sprouts
  • 1 bag of mixed salad greens
  • fresh basil
  • 4 small turnips
  • some Swiss chard
  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • yellow beans
  • 3 small broccoli
  • 1 carton of heirloom tomatoes
Lily was also very excited about the delivery! She wanted to help me unpack, and she thought that the tiny onions were cute :) No snap peas this week for her. However, this week marked the return of the cucumber (these are honestly the freshest, most delicious cucumbers I've ever had!) and radish sprouts, and we got a number of new vegetables - the turnips, basil, and sweet potatoes were all new additions to this week's basket. I'm very pleased with this week's supply!

I still have some veggies leftover from last week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment