Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

This weekend is so busy! It's very go-go-go, and no wonder... Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Saturday started out with us getting up and out of the house right away, as we were going to Cora's for breakfast to meet up with Lily's Aunt Jennifer. For those of you who don't have Cora's in your area, it's only the most delicious breakfast/lunch restaurant around! :) Fresh fruit and interesting breakfasts, as well as old favourites. I went with a ham/cheddar/onion omelette. Lily settled for brought-from-home Nutrios and Oats with raspberries and blackberries mixed in. She was all smiles for Aunt Jennifer, and it was great meeting up with her!

Later in the day, we decided to go for a little Fall walk. It would have been longer, but Grandpa Beeson forgot to take Lily's stroller out of the car when he went to buy a brass brush! lol So Mike carried Lily and we walked around the block and to the park, where Lily stopped to swing in the baby swings. She loved it! We also took some nice Fall pictures and collected coloured leaves.




Later I met up with some friends that I hadn't seen since March, and we went bowling (where I bowled 121, 121, and 95... sad, huh? lol), then we went to dinner at St. Hubert's. I must say, while the chicken and gravy are much tastier than Swiss Chalet, the "bun" leaves much to be desired. Their "bun" is just half of a hamburger bun toasted. And it's not a very tasty hamburger bun, either.

That night, Lily slept 14 hours straight, without waking up for her soother! I don't know if it's because I said to her before I left, "Lily, be good for Daddy and Grandpa, and tonight you're going to sleep without waking up for your soother!" I got Mike to say the same to her, and lo and behold, she slept 14 hours. However, he also forgot to take her amber teething necklace off. I'm a skeptic, but could that have been the trick? I'll be shocked and amazed if it is!

Today I did some last minute shopping for Thanksgiving dinner, which I'm making tomorrow for the family. I was under the impression everything was closed today, and I had forgotten to go out yesterday and was kind of worried that dinner would be a stuffingless, meager affair (I would have borrowed bread if that were the case. No way can turkey be eaten without stuffing!).

I hope everyone has eaten or will eat their fill of turkey/ham/whatever it is that you eat this weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment