Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner!

For those of you know know us, you know that we are breakfast people. Forget going out to dinner, we go out for breakfast! Well, that's not entirely true - we love going out for dinner, too, but find ourselves eating out at breakfast time more often. Eggs are definitely among our top choices (along with French toast, another popular choice). So you can imagine how pleased we were when we discovered that Lily loves eggs, too (we give her the yolk only, don't worry)!

Until tonight, I'd been simply hard boiling eggs and giving Lily the yolk... dry, boring old yolk (which she likes, but gags at its dryness, lol). Today I was feeling inventive and I made Lily an omelette for supper! 2 egg yolks, 1 oz of formula, and threw in some broccoli, zucchini and cheddar cheese. Oh, and toast fingers of course! I plopped it onto her tray, and she went straight for it. She grabbed it, shoved it in her mouth, and...

this horrible face appeared, lol! Well, I guess she's an adventurous little girl, because she went for seconds!


Breakfast for dinner? Success! Next step? French toast, perhaps... baby friendly, of course!

In other news, Lily's Uncle Stephen stopped by after work today. I think she's starting her playing strange phase, because our normally super-smiley little girl was very serious most of his visit! That, or it was because she was Little Miss Grumpus today :P


Other other news, a couple of weeks ago, I bought myself a whole new Fall wardrobe since my pre-maternity clothes were a no-go. I was so happy with the clothes I bought, they fit absolutely perfectly (I'm now a huge Marks Work Warehouse fan... who would have thought they'd have such nice clothes with a name like that!). Anyway, the jeans I bought that fit me perfectly are now falling off of me! Hooray! An excuse to go buy yet another new wardrobe? I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment