Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Checking out Daycares

How sad. October is nearly half over, which means I'll be back at work in 2 1/2 months. Where does the time go?! I wish there was a legitimate way to work from home, but alas. While I think that Lily will enjoy spending the day with other children, and she's such a happy girl that she'll adjust really well, I just wish that someone else didn't get the job of raising my baby. Nights, weekends, and holidays will become even more precious than they were.

It's sad thinking about the things I may miss. Lily's first steps. Lily's interaction with her friends on a daily basis. Just Lily's smile all day long! However, there will also be benefits. I'm making money and providing a better future for her. I'll be so excited to see her at the end of the day, and she will feel the same for me that we'll hopefully be at our best when we're together! I'll get adult interaction which always helps make a sane mama.

Hmm, they should allow you to bring your child to work! :)

I went to see a daycare centre today. I liked the look of the infant program, although I'm a little leery on the toddler one. I think Lily will likely be registered there for the infant program(considering Mike wants her in a centre, and most centres have waiting lists out the yin yang for infants), but I'm still hoping to snag her a spot in the daycare centre in my work building when she turns 18 months. That would be wonderful, being able to visit or even have lunch together! :) Another good thing about the centre I went to see is that Lily will have 2 friends there, one full time and one part time, so she'll already know some children.

Pic of the day: Lily sporting her teeth proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment